COVID-19 Testing Program
The Pelham Public Schools offers weekly PCR Saliva testing for staff and students coordinated through C-19 Safety First, Mt. Sinai Health Systems and Westchester County. Please see below for additional information.
(Please note that due to changes in COVID-19 quarantining protocols, the District's Test to Stay program has been discontinued).
This free program is available to all students and staff through the District's partnership with Westchester County.
- Participating students/staff are provided a test vial each Friday to submit a saliva sample prior to returning to school on Monday
- Completed tests are processed by C-19 Safety First in conjunction with Mt. Sinai Health Systems
- Results are typically available within 24-48 hours
- The goal of this program is to test 20% of the school population each week to monitor the prevalence of COVID-19 in our schools and identify asymptomatic and presymptomatic cases.
- Unvaccinated staff and unvaccinated students participating in sports designated as high risk by New York State are required to participate in this program.
- Registration is required to participate in this program.
- Saliva samples should be given before brushing teeth/using mouthwash
- Please wait 30 minutes after eating/drinking before providing a saliva sample
- Please screw the cap tightly onto the vial before returning to the bag
- Elementary school students will be provided test kits in class
- Middle School students must pick up their test kits in the nurse's office
- PMHS students must pick up their test kits in the Main Office
Tests should be returned to the dropbox within your respective school.
- Colonial - Nurse’s Office
- Hutchinson - Main Office
- Prospect Hill - Main Office
- Siwanoy - Nurse’s Office
- Pelham Middle School - Nurse’s Office
- PMHS - Main Office