The annual vote on the 2021-22 school budget and Board of Education member election will be held on Tuesday, May 18, 2021. All in-person voting will be held in the Pelham Middle School gym. Information about the proposed budget is below. In addition to the budget, voters will have the opportunity to elect two members to the Board of Education.
Tax Levy Increase
Total: 2.47% (complies with NYS Tax Cap
- 2021-22 Proposed Budget Overview Presentation Slides - April 21, 2021
- Preliminary Budget Overview Presentation Slides - February 24, 2021
- BOE Meeting Video, Preliminary Budget Overview - February 24, 2021
- BOE Meeting Recap - February 26, 2021
- BOE Line-by-Line Budget Review Presentation Slides - March 6, 2021
Polls will be open from 7am-9pm on Tuesday, May 18, 2021 in the Pelham Middle School Gym. All registered voters in the Pelham Union Free School District are eligible to vote.
The following information pertains to the annual budget vote and school board member election on Tuesday, May 18, 2021.
be 18 years of age or older on the day of the vote. Those will turn 18 on or before May 18, 2021 can register to vote and then be eligible to cast a vote on May 18, 2021
be a United States citizen
be a resident of the Pelham Union Free School District
have lived in the District for at least 30 days prior to the day of the vote
not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction
not claim the right to vote elsewhere
be registered to vote with either the County Board of Elections or with the School District Board of Registration.
*You are registered if you are on the Westchester County voters’ list and voted at least once during the last 4 years or you have personally registered with the District.
If you are not registered
You can register in person with the School District Board of Registration on the following dates in the District Office at 18 Franklin Place:
Wednesday, April 7 from 10am-2pm
Saturday, April 24 from 10am-2pm
Monday, May 3 from 4-8pm
Any resident of the district who is registered to vote in general elections may vote in the annual budget vote and school board member election without registering with the school district Board of Registration.
A qualified voter may register to vote in the May 18, 2021 election by registering to vote with the Westchester County Board of Elections. You may contact the Westchester County Board of Elections for additional information at: Westchester County Board of Elections, 148 Martine Avenue, White Plains, New York 10601, or by calling (914) 995-2000, or by their website at: www.citizenparticipation.westchestergov.com/register-to-vote. You may also register through the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles website at: https://dmv.ny.gov/more-info/electronic-voter-registration-application
Please call Pauline Davies, District Clerk, at 914-738-3434, x-1155 if you have any questions.
Qualifications for Absentee Ballots
If a registered voter will not be able to get to the polls on Tuesday, May 18, 2021 between 7am – 9pm, for one or more of the following reasons, absentee ballots are available:
- absence from country on election day
- temporary illness or physical disability, including, but not limited to, the risk of contracting or spreading a disease (e.g., COVID-19) that may cause illness to the voter or to other members of the public.
- permanent illness of physical disability
- duties related to primary care of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled
- resident or patient of Veterans Health Administration Hospital
- detention in jail/prison, awaiting trial, awaiting action by a grand jury, or in prison for conviction of a crime or offense which was not a felony
To Vote by Absentee Ballot
- Fill out a School District Absentee Ballot Application and return it to the district
- Upon receipt of an absentee ballot, fill out the ballot
- Return the completed absentee ballot to the district
Applications, together with instructions for absentee ballots, can be downloaded from the District website.
If absentee ballots are to be mailed to the voter, completed applications must be returned to the District Clerk, 18 Franklin Place, Pelham, NY 10803 no later than 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 11, 2021.
If applications are delivered personally, they must be turned in to the District Clerk at 18 Franklin Place, Pelham, NY 10803 by 4pm on Monday, May 17. 2021.
All absentee ballots must be returned by 5pm on Tuesday, May 18, 2021 in order to be included in the tallies.
Pauline Davies, District Clerk, is located in the Central Office at 18 Franklin Place, Pelham, NY 10803. Please contact her for any questions on the Budget Vote and School Board Election at (914) 738-3434, ext. 6.