The Proposed 2023-24 budget was approved by the community by a vote of 1,261-534. The final 2023-24 budget is available on the District's Budgets and Finance page. Archived information about the 2023-24 budget proposal may be found below.
Polls will be open from 7am-9pm on Tuesday, May 16, 2023 in the Pelham Middle School Gym. All registered voters in the Pelham Union Free School District are eligible to vote.
The following information pertains to the annual budget vote and school board member election on Tuesday, May 16, 2023.
be 18 years of age or older on the day of the vote. Those will turn 18 on or before May 16, 2023 can register to vote and then be eligible to cast a vote on May 16, 2023
be a United States citizen
be a resident of the Pelham Union Free School District
have lived in the District for at least 30 days prior to the day of the vote
not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction
not claim the right to vote elsewhere
be registered to vote with either the County Board of Elections or with the School District Board of Registration.
*You are registered if you are on the Westchester County voters’ list and voted at least once during the last 4 years or you have personally registered with the District.
If you are not registered
You can register in person with the School District Board of Registration on the following dates in the Office of the District Clerk at The Sanborn Map Building, 629 Fifth Avenue:
Wednesday, April 12 from 10am-2pm
Saturday, April 22 from 10am-2pm
Tuesday, May 2 from 4-8pm
Any resident of the district who is registered to vote in general elections may vote in the annual budget vote and school board member election without registering with the school district Board of Registration.
A qualified voter may register to vote in the May 16, 2023 election by registering to vote with the Westchester County Board of Elections. You may contact the Westchester County Board of Elections for additional information at: Westchester County Board of Elections, 148 Martine Avenue, White Plains, New York 10601, or by calling (914) 995-2000, or by their website at: www.citizenparticipation.westchestergov.com/register-to-vote. You may also register through the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles website at: https://dmv.ny.gov/more-info/electronic-voter-registration-application
Please call Pauline Davies, District Clerk, at 914-738-3434, x-1155 if you have any questions.
Qualifications for Absentee Ballots
If a registered voter will not be able to get to the polls on Tuesday, May 16, 2023 between 7am – 9pm, for one or more of the following reasons, absentee ballots are available:
- absence from county on election day
- temporary illness or physical disability*
- permanent illness of physical disability
- duties related to primary care of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled
- resident or patient of Veterans Health Administration Hospital
- detention in jail/prison, awaiting trial, awaiting action by a grand jury, or in prison for conviction of a crime or offense which was not a felony
* Please note that effective January 2, 2023, voters will not have the option of voting in the May 16, 2023 annual budget vote and school board member election by absentee ballot due to risks associated with COVID-19
To Vote by Absentee Ballot
- Fill out a School District Absentee Ballot Application (not before Monday, April 17, 2023) and return it to the District Clerk by mail, email or in person
- Upon receipt of an Absentee Ballot, fill out the ballot
- Return the completed Absentee Ballot to the district
Applications, together with instructions for absentee ballots, can be downloaded from the District website.
If absentee ballots are to be mailed to the voter, completed applications must be returned to the District Clerk, The Sanborn Map Building, 629 Fifth Avenue, Pelham, NY 10803 no later than 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 9, 2023.
If applications are delivered personally, they must be turned in to the District Clerk at The Sanborn Map Building, 629 Fifth Avenue, Pelham, NY 10803 by 4pm on Monday, May 15, 2023.
All absentee ballots must be returned by 5pm on Tuesday, May 16, 2023 in order to be included in the tallies.
Pauline Davies, District Clerk, is located in the The Sanborn Map Building, 629 Fifth Avenue, Pelham, NY 10803. Please contact her for any questions on the Budget Vote and School Board Election at (914) 738-3434, ext. 1155.