Inspiring A Standard of Excellence For All Students
The Pelham Public Schools serve approximately 2,900 students in four neighborhood elementary schools, one middle school and one high school. It is located in the southern-most tip of Westchester County, 30 minutes north of New York City. With an academically diverse student body, the District sets high expectations and provides opportunities for all students and faculty to reach their full potential. Residents share a commitment to education as well as the arts, sports, and civic responsibility. They have supported the annual budget for more than 20 years.
We are most proud of:
- High achievement of all students on state and national assessments, K-12
- High participation and passing rates in Advanced Placement courses in the high school
- Quality instructional programs aligned with the Common Core Standards and offering 21st century learning opportunities
- High graduation rate with more than 94% attending college and two-thirds of students entering the top three tiers of competitive schools
- Outstanding achievement in state and national programs in a variety of arenas including forensics/speech, science research, performing arts, sports, robotics, world languages, music and art.
The Pelham school community, comprising The Board of Education, administrators, teachers, school staff, parents, students and community members, has high expectations and standards for all students.
The Pelham school community challenges and inspires its students to become creative and critical thinkers who make ethical choices, to work both independently and collaboratively to solve problems, to become life-long learners and responsible citizens in a democratic society, and to be prepared for the demands of a highly technological and global community.
The Pelham school community celebrates diversity, fosters a sense of belonging for all children and emphasizes the importance of contributing to the greater community.
The Board of Education, administrators, teachers, school staff, parents, students and community members all share the responsibility for public education in Pelham.
The Pelham school community is dedicated to continuous improvement and is committed to maintaining the flexibility necessary to anticipate and respond to a changing world.
About our Program
The Pelham Public Schools set high expectations for students to reach their full potential. Our programs incorporate traditional and innovative instructional strategies based on the latest research, best practices and our 2019-2024 Strategic Plan. This plan centers around three goal areas Cultural Competence, Authentic Learning, and the Whole Child. Under this plan, the Pelham School Community will develop empowered, adaptable, well-balanced individuals who are equipped to meaningfully contribute to our local, national and global society.