* All Data as of 12.7.2021
Enrollment Totals By School
|Prospect Hill School||327|
|Pelham Middle School||622|
|Pelham Memorial High School||924|
Total Active Enrollment: 2,806
Enrollment by Grade
|Grade||Colonial||Hutchinson||Prospect||Siwanoy||Middle School||High School||Special Ed - Colonial (K-2)||Special Ed. Siwanoy (3-5)||Total In District|
How does the District determine class size?
Class size is determined by the Board of Education and also must be within the parameters and conditions set forth in the teachers' contract.
- A Kindergarten section can have a maximum class size of 23
- 1st through 5th grades can have a class size maximum of 28 students.
We also have district Class Size Guidelines that the Board of Education expressed its desire to follow. These guidelines call for:
- A minimum of 15 students in K- 5
- A maximum of 23 students for grades K-2 and,
- A maximum of 26 students for grades 3- 5.
When class size exceeds the guidelines, one or more interventions may be taken, including:
- Utilization of available resources and services to ensure attention to the class in question (reading teacher, occupational therapist, etc.),
- Utilization of a certified teacher intern (a teacher enrolled in a masters program) or a teaching assistant, or
- Creation of a new section.