Dear Pelham Parents and Community Members,
Today's weather presented yet another wrinkle in our distance learning efforts as we learned around midmorning that several of our teachers had lost power and/or internet service. Despite this temporary setback, we hope that today went smoothly for many of you and that as we continue through the week ahead, we establish a solid routine that works for students, parents, and faculty alike.
Data and news reports continue to indicate that our area may have reached the peak of COVID-19 transmission and support the idea that we have managed to flatten the curve. This is good news and if we are to maintain this trend, and inch toward a return to our normal lives, we must continue to practice social distancing. This includes staying home as much as possible, avoiding coming within six feet of others when in public, and wearing a face mask or covering over your nose and mouth to protect others. Please take a moment to review additional social distancing guidelines at the bottom of this email.
Lastly, as the economic turmoil caused by this pandemic continues to spread, please remember that the District's meal service remains available to any student in need. Both breakfast and lunch are available for pickup at Hutchinson School between 8 and 10am, Monday-Friday.
Please stay safe and healthy and thank you for your continued support.
Cheryl H. Champ
Superintendent of Schools
Social Distancing Guidelines
- Stay home as much as possible, even if you feel healthy
- Refrain from congregating in groups and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others
- Refrain from social gatherings, playdates and sleepovers with friends
- Do not visit public playgrounds
- Use caution when visiting grocery stores/pharmacies and consider delivery services for food and groceries.
- Consider covering your nose and mouth with a cloth or mask when you leave home.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your mouth, nose, or eyes.
Contact Information for Social Workers and Student Assistance Counselor
Our social workers and student assistance counselor continue to be available to support those who are experiencing hardships and need assistance. Please feel free to contact:
- Kristin Quintano, Social Worker, 914-738-3434 x1295
- Sharon Charles, Social Worker, 914-738-8190 x1218
- Kelley-Anne Lonergan, Student Assistance Counselor, 914-738-8182
Information on Community Organizations Offering Assistance
Additionally, organizations such as Pelham Together, the Junior League of Pelham and our faith community have offered their assistance with those families with a variety of needs, including food, child care, and other demands of day-to-day life. The Pelham Civic Association is also available for families that have fallen on hard times due to this pandemic. Please feel free to reach out in confidentiality for potential assistance to Richard Davidian, Vice President, Community programs at Richard.Davidian1@gmail.com (914-552-0872) or Dr. Stan Trocchia, Chairman, Good Neighbors program Goodneighbors@pelhamcivics.org.