Dear Pelham Parents and Community Members,
I want to once again thank our incredible senior parents, the high school PTA and our dedicated teachers for the many ways in which they continue to honor and celebrate the class of 2020. Last evening, our seniors were generously treated to free ice cream, providing our soon-to-be graduates a refreshing celebratory treat on the hottest day of the year to date. We look forward to the additional events that are in store over the remaining days of school.
As the end of the school year nears, our students continue to showcase their skills and talents in a variety of ways. Tomorrow evening, at 7pm our PMHS authors’ work will be on full display at the third annual Storytellers Celebration. This event will feature the writing of our commended student authors and our creative writing contest winner and can be viewed by the public on Youtube Live.
Lastly, as a reminder, the Board of Education will meet for a regular meeting tonight beginning at 8:15pm. This meeting may also be viewed on Youtube Live.
Please enjoy a pleasant evening.
Social Distancing Guidelines
- Stay home as much as possible, even if you feel healthy
- Refrain from congregating in groups and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others
- Refrain from social gatherings, playdates and sleepovers with friends
- Do not visit public playgrounds
- Use caution when visiting grocery stores/pharmacies and consider delivery services for food and groceries.
- When maintaining social distancing is not possible, cover your nose and mouth with a cloth or mask when you leave home.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your mouth, nose, or eyes.
Contact Information for Social Workers and Student Assistance Counselor
Our social workers and student assistance counselor continue to be available to support those who are experiencing hardships and need assistance. Please feel free to contact:
- Kristin Quintano, Social Worker, 914-738-3434 x1295
- Sharon Charles, Social Worker, 914-738-8190 x1218
- Kelley-Anne Lonergan, Student Assistance Counselor, 914-738-8182
Information on Community Organizations Offering Assistance
Additionally, organizations such as Pelham Together, the Junior League of Pelham and our faith community have offered their assistance with those families with a variety of needs, including food, child care, and other demands of day-to-day life. The Pelham Civic Association is also available for families that have fallen on hard times due to this pandemic. Please feel free to reach out in confidentiality for potential assistance to Richard Davidian, Vice President, Community programs at Richard.Davidian1@gmail.com (914-552-0872) or Dr. Stan Trocchia, Chairman, Good Neighbors program Goodneighbors@pelhamcivics.org.