Dear Prospect Hill Neighbors,
In early January, contractors will begin site preparations on the Prospect Hill grounds to make way for an addition to the school. This addition, which was approved as part of the 2018 capital improvement bond, will be built to the right of the Main Entrance when facing Prospect Hill. When complete, the two-story extension, which is designed to blend with the rest of the building and neighborhood, will include a new elevator to provide accessibility, student bathroom renovations and accessibility upgrades, a double-door security vestibule and additional meeting and learning space for students and staff.
Below are some important details about the initial stages of this work to help neighbors understand what to expect:
- Temporary fencing will be installed around the work area
- Oil and gas utilities that serve the school will be relocated
- Trucks and other equipment will access the site via Washington Avenue and avoid other side streets to the extent possible
- Contractors will use parking on Oak Lane
- Some rock chipping will occur to make way for foundations of the structure
- All work will be done during regular work hours as set forth in the Village of Pelham Manor code.
Please know that we do not expect any changes to school operations
and we will continue to work with our contractors to ensure that this project
is completed with minimal disruption to the neighborhood. Residents may contact Triton Construction Management by sending an email to Pelhamprojectinfo@tritonconstruction.net or calling 914-222-0883 if you have any concerns about the project.
Once the site is prepped, we expect construction to begin this spring with the other phases of the project, including bathroom renovations and irrigation and replacement of the Prospect Hill Field to begin this summer.
We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding and look forward to seeing this exciting project begin so that our students can reap the benefits in the near future.
The Pelham Public Schools