Dear Pelham Parents and Community Members,
This evening at 7pm, the community is invited to view the annual PMHS Senior Awards Ceremony via Youtube Live. Please be sure to follow along and read the award and scholarship descriptions in the program booklet. This annual tradition is the culmination of our students' incredible work over their four years of high school and we are incredibly grateful for the generous contributions from our community organizations and foundations that are providing these opportunities to our students.
We are prepared to begin tabulating ballots for the annual school budget vote and Board of Education member election beginning at 5pm tomorrow evening. Before we can start tallying results, all returned ballot envelopes will be reviewed by certified elections inspectors to check signatures against voter rolls. Once that process is complete, the actual ballots will be opened and counted. While we are working to ensure that this process runs as efficiently as possible, we do not yet know how soon the results will be completed. We will continue to keep the community updated as the process unfolds.
Finally - I want to share the results of this year's Kids Vote, organized by the PTA Council. By an overwhelming margin the students chose "Eat Sweets for Breakfast Day." Parents, please feel free to have your children bring a sweet to be eaten during their morning Google Meets on Wednesday, June 17 for the final day of classes!
Social Distancing Guidelines
- Stay home as much as possible, even if you feel healthy
- Refrain from congregating in groups and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others
- Refrain from social gatherings, playdates and sleepovers with friends
- Do not visit public playgrounds
- Use caution when visiting grocery stores/pharmacies and consider delivery services for food and groceries.
- When maintaining social distancing is not possible, cover your nose and mouth with a cloth or mask when you leave home.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your mouth, nose, or eyes.
Contact Information for Social Workers and Student Assistance Counselor
Our social workers and student assistance counselor continue to be available to support those who are experiencing hardships and need assistance. Please feel free to contact:
- Kristin Quintano, Social Worker, 914-738-3434 x1295
- Sharon Charles, Social Worker, 914-738-8190 x1218
- Kelley-Anne Lonergan, Student Assistance Counselor, 914-738-8182
Information on Community Organizations Offering Assistance
Additionally, organizations such as Pelham Together, the Junior League of Pelham and our faith community have offered their assistance with those families with a variety of needs, including food, child care, and other demands of day-to-day life. The Pelham Civic Association is also available for families that have fallen on hard times due to this pandemic. Please feel free to reach out in confidentiality for potential assistance to Richard Davidian, Vice President, Community programs at Richard.Davidian1@gmail.com (914-552-0872) or Dr. Stan Trocchia, Chairman, Good Neighbors program Goodneighbors@pelhamcivics.org.