Dear Pelham Parents and Community Members,
I am pleased to see that data that continue to show that COVID-19 remains on the decline in both our area and the state as a whole. This would not be the case without the incredible diligence of our community members in staying home and practicing social distancing. It remains critical that we continue these practices and keep the virus on the run. Please remember to stay at least six feet from others and wear a mask covering both your nose and mouth when outside and social distancing is not possible. By working together, we are continuing to make a big difference in this fight.
As a reminder, both breakfast and lunch are still available to any Pelham student each weekday. Both meals can be picked up at Hutchinson School between 8 and 10am. Please enter through the Third Street doors. Childcare also continues to be available for essential healthcare workers and first responders and additional information is available on the District website.
In closing, I wanted to share with you a special video that the high school administration put together with help from PMHS students in honor of Teacher Appreciation Week last week. This project reminds us all of the special bond that exists within our buildings and we look forward to the time when we can all be together again soon.
Cheryl H. Champ
Superintendent of Schools
Social Distancing Guidelines
- Stay home as much as possible, even if you feel healthy
- Refrain from congregating in groups and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others
- Refrain from social gatherings, playdates and sleepovers with friends
- Do not visit public playgrounds
- Use caution when visiting grocery stores/pharmacies and consider delivery services for food and groceries.
- When maintaining social distancing is not possible, cover your nose and mouth with a cloth or mask when you leave home.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your mouth, nose, or eyes.
Contact Information for Social Workers and Student Assistance Counselor
Our social workers and student assistance counselor continue to be available to support those who are experiencing hardships and need assistance. Please feel free to contact:
- Kristin Quintano, Social Worker, 914-738-3434 x1295
- Sharon Charles, Social Worker, 914-738-8190 x1218
- Kelley-Anne Lonergan, Student Assistance Counselor, 914-738-8182
Information on Community Organizations Offering Assistance
Additionally, organizations such as Pelham Together, the Junior League of Pelham and our faith community have offered their assistance with those families with a variety of needs, including food, child care, and other demands of day-to-day life. The Pelham Civic Association is also available for families that have fallen on hard times due to this pandemic. Please feel free to reach out in confidentiality for potential assistance to Richard Davidian, Vice President, Community programs at Richard.Davidian1@gmail.com (914-552-0872) or Dr. Stan Trocchia, Chairman, Good Neighbors program Goodneighbors@pelhamcivics.org.