Dear Pelham Parents and Community Members,
As a reminder, the Board of Education will meet this evening at 8:15pm and the meeting is available for viewing on Youtube Live. At the meeting, the Board will hold its state-mandated public hearing on the 2020-21 proposed school budget. Anyone wishing to comment at the public hearing should send their remarks, along with your full name and address to Board President Jessica DeDomenico by 8:45pm via email at email@example.com. Comments on all other matters may be sent until 9pm. Additionally, the Board is expected to award tenure to several deserving District employees and, as announced earlier this afternoon, I will be recommending the appointment of Bethany Antonelli as the next PMHS Assistant Principal.
Thursday morning at 9am, the community is invited to join members of the Board and myself for a "virtual coffee" at which we will answer questions about the proposed budget. Anyone interested in attending should pre-register via this Google Form. Registrants will be sent a calendar invitation with the Google Meet link/call-in number 10-15 minutes before the event. With regard to the budget vote and school board election, we have received word from our printing vendor that ballots should start being delivered to all registered voters toward the end of this week. Please be sure to follow all directions listed on the ballot and mail it back quickly as they must be received no later than 5pm on Tuesday, June 9.
In closing, I want to share yet another beautiful musical creation, this time by the PMHS chorus under the direction of Maria Abeshouse. Please enjoy!
Social Distancing Guidelines
- Stay home as much as possible, even if you feel healthy
- Refrain from congregating in groups and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others
- Refrain from social gatherings, playdates and sleepovers with friends
- Do not visit public playgrounds
- Use caution when visiting grocery stores/pharmacies and consider delivery services for food and groceries.
- When maintaining social distancing is not possible, cover your nose and mouth with a cloth or mask when you leave home.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your mouth, nose, or eyes.
Contact Information for Social Workers and Student Assistance Counselor
Our social workers and student assistance counselor continue to be available to support those who are experiencing hardships and need assistance. Please feel free to contact:
- Kristin Quintano, Social Worker, 914-738-3434 x1295
- Sharon Charles, Social Worker, 914-738-8190 x1218
- Kelley-Anne Lonergan, Student Assistance Counselor, 914-738-8182
Information on Community Organizations Offering Assistance
Additionally, organizations such as Pelham Together, the Junior League of Pelham and our faith community have offered their assistance with those families with a variety of needs, including food, child care, and other demands of day-to-day life. The Pelham Civic Association is also available for families that have fallen on hard times due to this pandemic. Please feel free to reach out in confidentiality for potential assistance to Richard Davidian, Vice President, Community programs at Richard.Davidian1@gmail.com (914-552-0872) or Dr. Stan Trocchia, Chairman, Good Neighbors program Goodneighbors@pelhamcivics.org.