DearDear Pelham Parents and Community Members,
Dear Pelham Parents and Community Members,
Throughout the spring, I have been genuinely impressed with our students' ability to persevere through the incredible difficulties they have faced. Of particular note is their clear compassion and empathy for others. Recently, 8th graders at Pelham Middle School wrote letters to several frontline workers who have been beyond brave in keeping us all safe during the pandemic. Please view this inspiring video showcasing our students' work.
As part of our curriculum departments' continued efforts to provide several family friendly activities throughout the course of the building closure, I am excited to share the latest example, a science-themed Kahoot Challenge which we hope will provide some educational fun for all ages. Also, for those who haven't done so already, don't forget to try out the math department's virtual escape room. Additionally, we are looking forward to two exciting virtual events in the near future -- STEAM Day in partnership with the Junior League of Pelham on June 8 and the PMHS Storyteller's Celebration on June 11. More information about how to participate will be forthcoming.
In closing I wanted to share that on Wednesday, the Board of Education accepted the resignation of Athletic Director Stephen Luciana, who has been appointed to a position at Mahopac Central School District. We are thankful for everything Mr. Luciana has done to support and lead our athletic programs over the years and wish him the best of luck in his new position.
Please enjoy a restful weekend.
Social Distancing Guidelines
- Stay home as much as possible, even if you feel healthy
- Refrain from congregating in groups and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others
- Refrain from social gatherings, playdates and sleepovers with friends
- Do not visit public playgrounds
- Use caution when visiting grocery stores/pharmacies and consider delivery services for food and groceries.
- When maintaining social distancing is not possible, cover your nose and mouth with a cloth or mask when you leave home.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your mouth, nose, or eyes.
Contact Information for Social Workers and Student Assistance Counselor
Our social workers and student assistance counselor continue to be available to support those who are experiencing hardships and need assistance. Please feel free to contact:
- Kristin Quintano, Social Worker, 914-738-3434 x1295
- Sharon Charles, Social Worker, 914-738-8190 x1218
- Kelley-Anne Lonergan, Student Assistance Counselor, 914-738-8182
Information on Community Organizations Offering Assistance
Additionally, organizations such as Pelham Together, the Junior League of Pelham and our faith community have offered their assistance with those families with a variety of needs, including food, child care, and other demands of day-to-day life. The Pelham Civic Association is also available for families that have fallen on hard times due to this pandemic. Please feel free to reach out in confidentiality for potential assistance to Richard Davidian, Vice President, Community programs at Richard.Davidian1@gmail.com (914-552-0872) or Dr. Stan Trocchia, Chairman, Good Neighbors program Goodneighbors@pelhamcivics.org.