Dear Pelham Parents and Community Members,
I hope that you all enjoyed a pleasant weekend and that all of our incredible moms celebrated a Happy Mother's Day! As we move further into May, please review the following updates to our school calendar.
The two-hour delay for professional learning previously scheduled for May 18 has been cancelled and will operate as a full day of distance learning.
In accordance with the Governor's Executive Order schools will also be in session for Distance Learning on Friday, May 22.
We anticipate that schools will continue to be closed on Monday, May 25 in observance of Memorial Day.
We will continue to provide updates to the school calendar as they become available.
As a reminder, the Board of Education will meet this Tuesday, May 12 to adopt the school budget proposal. Once the budget is finalized, we will be printing and mailing absentee ballots with a postage paid return envelope to all registered voters. All ballots must be received no later than 5pm on Tuesday, June 9 to be counted. We will communicate with the community once the ballots have been mailed.
I'm looking forward to a positive week of Distance Learning ahead and continue to be thankful for your support.
Cheryl H. Champ
Superintendent of Schools
Social Distancing Guidelines
- Stay home as much as possible, even if you feel healthy
- Refrain from congregating in groups and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between yourself and others
- Refrain from social gatherings, playdates and sleepovers with friends
- Do not visit public playgrounds
- Use caution when visiting grocery stores/pharmacies and consider delivery services for food and groceries.
- When maintaining social distancing is not possible, cover your nose and mouth with a cloth or mask when you leave home.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your mouth, nose, or eyes.
Contact Information for Social Workers and Student Assistance Counselor
Our social workers and student assistance counselor continue to be available to support those who are experiencing hardships and need assistance. Please feel free to contact:
- Kristin Quintano, Social Worker, 914-738-3434 x1295
- Sharon Charles, Social Worker, 914-738-8190 x1218
- Kelley-Anne Lonergan, Student Assistance Counselor, 914-738-8182
Information on Community Organizations Offering Assistance
Additionally, organizations such as Pelham Together, the Junior League of Pelham and our faith community have offered their assistance with those families with a variety of needs, including food, child care, and other demands of day-to-day life. The Pelham Civic Association is also available for families that have fallen on hard times due to this pandemic. Please feel free to reach out in confidentiality for potential assistance to Richard Davidian, Vice President, Community programs at Richard.Davidian1@gmail.com (914-552-0872) or Dr. Stan Trocchia, Chairman, Good Neighbors program Goodneighbors@pelhamcivics.org.