NUTRIKIDS Point of Sale Meal Charge System

 Printable Version 

Account Rules and Opt-Out Form

Paper copies of the Account Rules and Opt-Out Form are also available in the District's Business Office. Please call 914-738-9140 with any questions. 

What is a Nutrikids Account?

All students attending Pelham schools have an account in Nutrikids which allows them to charge their meal and a la carte item purchases.

What if I want to opt my student out?

Please complete the opt-out form for each student. Please note that once disabled, your student will only be able to purchase food with cash.  Opting out does not excuse any existing negative balance.  The negative balance must be paid before the account can be disabled.

How do I make payments on the account?

Deposits to student accounts should be made online at or by check made payable to Pelham Cafeteria Fund. On the schoolbucks site, parents can set up balance alerts and track their child’s purchases.

What happens if the balance is negative?

When a student attains a negative balance, the Whitsons’ staff will notify the parent, via email, phone call or note from the cashier, to request deposit of funds to bring the account current.

What happens if the balance reaches -$10?

If the balance becomes greater than  -$10.00 the Nutrikids account for that student will be frozen, thus requiring students to pay in cash for any further purchases. A student with a frozen account will receive a meal for which they will be charged, however, they will no longer be able to charge a la carte items. Once sufficient funds are added to the account, the student will be permitted to use the Nutrikids account for purchases of meals as well as a la carte items.

What happens to account balances at the end of the school year?

Account balances carry forward to the next school year.  The Whitsons’ staff will notify parents of a negative balance. Negative balances are expected to be paid in full. 

What if my student receives free or reduced lunch?

Students that qualify for free or reduced meals are required to use the Nutrikids account to receive their meals.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442; or 
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.