The Pelham Public Schools offers a wide variety of music programming for all students K-12. Winter and spring concerts are widely attended across all levels. The Music program is coordinated by Maria Abeshouse. Please read more about the various opportunities below.
- General Music is offered to all students grades K-5.
- Chorus is offered to 4th and 5th graders
- Orchestra is offered in grades 3-5 *
- Band is offered in grades 4-5 *
* Band and Orchestra students have weekly morning rehearsals in addition to their section lessons.
Elementary Music Faculty
Marcia Bean - Orchestra
Colonial, Hutchinson, Siwanoy and Prospect Hill
Luis Vazquez - General Music and Chorus
Colonial and Prospect Hill
Rami Vamos - General Music and Chorus
Hutchinson and Siwanoy
- General Music is offered to all 6th graders.
- Band, Chorus and Orchestra are offered as electives to Middle school students.
- Jazz Band selection is by audition.
- Concert Band (which includes Marching Band), or Orchestra are offered as electives if high school students already play an instrument.
- Jazz Band is by audition.
- Concert Chorus is available to all interested students and Chamber Chorus is by audition.
- Music Theory is offered as an elective for all interested students.
MS/HS Music Faculty
Maria Abeshouse - Music Coordinator, Gr. 6-12 Chorus, Music Theory
Andrew Van Bochove - Gr. 6-12 Band, Jazz Band, Gr. 6 General Music
Dr. Michele Zanky - Gr. 6-12 Orchestra, Gr. 6 General Music