Voter Registration Information
Budget & Bond Vote, School Board Member Election - May 15, 2018
Polls Open - 7 am - 9 pm in PMHS Main Gym (575 Colonial Avenue)
- Be 18 years of age or older on the day of the vote
- Be a United States citizen
- Be a resident of the Pelham School District for at least 30 days prior to the day of the vote
- Not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere
- Be registered to vote with either the County Board of Elections or with the School District Board of Registration.
* You are registered if you are on the Westchester County voters' list and voted at least once during the last 4 years or you have personally registered with the District.
If you are not registered
You can register with the County by filling in a voter registration form available from the Town Clerk (738-0777), the Superintendent’s Office (738-3434, x-1155) or download a form from the Westchester County Board of Elections website. Once the form is printed, sign it in blue or black ink. Only an original copy can be submitted. Digital or portable-document-file-generated (ie. Adobe Acrobat) signatures are not acceptable. The form must then be mailed or delivered to the Westchester County Board of Elections per the instructions and address provided on the form.
You can register in person with the School District Board of Registration on the following dates in the District Office at 18 Franklin Place:
- Monday, April 16, 2018, 10 am - 2 pm
- Saturday, April 28, 2018, 10 am - 2 pm
- Monday, May 7, 2018, 4 pm to 8 pm
Qualifications to vote by absentee ballot
If a voter won't be able to get to the polls on May 15 between 7 am and 9 pm, for one or more of the following reasons, absentee ballots are available:
- Unavoidably absent from Westchester County on May 15
- Unable to appear at the polls due to illness or disability
- A patient in a Veterans’ Administration Hospital
- Detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony
This two-step process includes filing an application and then filling in and returning the ballot. Download an application for an Absentee Ballot online, or visit the District Central Office (18 Franklin Place), or call the District Clerk at 738-3434.
- If ballots are to be mailed to the voter, completed applications must be returned to the District Clerk at 18 Franklin Place, Pelham, NY 10803 no later than 4 pm E.S.T. on May 8.
- If applications are delivered personally, they must be turned in to the District Clerk at 18 Franklin Place by 4 pm on May 14. You will be given a ballot that must be returned by 5 pm on May 15.
Stevie Pollock, the District Clerk, is located at 18 Franklin Place. Please call her for all questions on the vote and election at 738-3434.